Be it friendship, family, work, or personal relationships; all ties are based on trust. Without it, you have nothing, and with it, you can do great things. Think about it.
Confidence is not about technique, tricks, or tools but about character. They trust us because of the way we are, not because of our appearance or our expert communication skills.
Here are some useful phrases to consider if you really think about the role that trust plays in your life and in your leadership:
1. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.” – Warren Buffett
2. “We need people in our lives with whom we can be as honest as possible. Having real conversations with people seems like such a simple and obvious proposition, but it takes courage and risk. ”- Thomas Moore.
3. “The glue that binds all relationships (including relationships between the leader and his flock) is trust, and trust is based on integrity. – Brian Tracy
4. “Confidence is like blood pressure. It is silent, vital to health, and if abused it can be fatal. ”- Frank SonnenbergRead:Exercising helps you be smarter
5. “Trust yourself, and you will know how to live.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
6. “You better trust the man who is always wrong than the one who never doubts” – Eric Sevareid.
7. “It takes two to dance the tango of confidence. One is the one who takes risks (the one who trusts) and the other is the one in whom the trust is placed; each one must interpret their role ”. – Charles H. Green, The Trusted Advisor
8. “It seems to me that the leaders who work most productively never say ‘I.’ And that’s not because they have gotten used to not saying ‘I.’ They don’t think of ‘me.’ They think of ‘us,’ they think of ‘team.’ They understand the role they play in making the teamwork. They accept their responsibilities and do not avoid them, but the credit goes to ‘us.’ This is what builds trust, which allows tasks to get done. ” – Peter Drucker, author of Managing for the Future.
9. “Trust is created when someone is vulnerable and not taken advantage of” – Bob Vanourek, author of Triple Crown Leadership.Read:Body language: what you need to be able to understand it
10. “The best way to know if you can trust someone is by trusting.” – Ernest Hemingway
11. “If there is no trust in your company, you cannot pass it on to your customers” – Roger Staubach.
12. “People who are totally and fully trusted will return that trust.” – Abraham Lincoln
13. “Trust is the lubricant that makes organizations work” – Warren Bennis
14. “Trust, but verify” –Ronald Reagan
15. “Trust each other over and over again. When the confidence level becomes high enough, people will go beyond the apparent limits, discovering amazing new abilities that they were not aware of until now. ” – David Armistead
16. “People follow leaders by choice. Without trust, you get nothing but compliance. ”–Jesse Lyn Stoner, author of Full Steam Ahead
17. “When people honor each other, there is an established trust that leads to synergy, interdependence, deep respect. Both parties make decisions and choices based on what is right, what is best, what is best considered. ”- Blaine LeeRead:The amygdala, sentinel of our emotional brain
18. “When a talented team turns itself into selfless confidence and combines instinct with boldness and effort, it is ready to rise.” – Patanjali
19. “He who does not trust enough will not be trustworthy” – Lao Tzu
20. “Leadership requires five ingredients: intelligence, energy, determination, confidence, and ethics. The key challenge today is the exercise of the last two: trust and ethics. ” – Fred Hilmer
21. “You must trust and believe in people, otherwise life becomes impossible” – Anton Chekhov
22. “Sages put their trust in ideas and not circumstances” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. “Few things help an individual more than entrusting him with responsibilities, and letting him know that he is trusted.” – Booker T. Washington
24. “It is mutual trust, more than mutual interest, that holds human groups together” – HL Mencken
25. “When trust is high, communication is easy, instant and effective” – Stephen R. Covey
26. “Being trusted is a greater compliment than being loved” – George MacDonald
27. “When mistrust enters, love leaves” – Irish Proverb
28. “Trust is built with consistency” – Lincoln Chafee
29. “Learning to trust is one of the most difficult tasks in life” – Isaac Watts
30. “He who is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted in important matters” – Albert Einstein.
The most precious thing in this world is trust. It can take years to earn it and seconds to lose it, so it’s important to consider trust in everything you do. It can make a big difference in your life and your leadership.
Start today with a joint effort to cultivate, earn and build trust, and discover the difference it can make.